TK50/TK70 Info

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 17:41:53 CDT 2015

do not  get this
EVIL  no  fan  no thermostat... found  BOOOO!   NOT  A  GOOD  ONE (  for
tapes)
manual for it
http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/66000-66999/66906.pdf

I have one  wife  found at  garage sale ...  it is  not  good   for  tape
work...

I rather suggest $64

http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-FD-61-Snackmaster-Dehydrator/dp/B000CEM3WM

I  thinkI got mine at Walmart -

but  remember   use the  thermostat    to   on off the  thing  but    for
actual  temp  use a process thermometer .

ALSO  LOOK AT OTHER OFFERING  IN SIZE AN WATTAGE at bottom of  this  Amazon
page

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=nesco+american+harvest+trays&tag=g
ooghydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=61714117524&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=10
83555451302563676&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2uhe80t19_b

hope this  helps.... Ed Sharpe  Archivist and Chief Baker   for SMECC!

ote: When the unit is plugged in, it’s warming element will constantly  be
on. When you are finished, unplug the unit to turn it off.
6.
After the  food is arranged on a tray, do not place on the base yet. STACK
UP AND SET  ASIDE.

In a message dated 8/29/2015 1:27:02 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cube1 at charter.net writes:

On  8/29/2015 1:04 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Aug 2015,  COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
>> I thought the  center thing  was  a duct  also   Ed#
>
> Baking diskettes  in it would reduce the central ducting.
>
> The HarborFreight  food dehydrator  (#66906 $30, currently sale at $25)
> will work  with the central ducting partially blocked.
>
> It has a heating  element.  On the ones with an incandescent bulb, using
> a CFL will  reduce power consumption, but it doesn't do much
drying/baking.

Ooooh.  Thanks for the pointer to HarborFreight.  I  think I will pop
over to the store with a tape and see if they have one out  to see if it
is suitable today or  tomorrow.

JRJ