Cold War Tech - Area 52

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sat Aug 29 10:43:56 CDT 2015

If you're like this kind of stuff, I most emphatically suggest the book
Valkyrie: North American's Mach 3 Superbomber by Landis and Jenkins. In
addition to covering the XB-70 inside and out, it discusses contemporary
programs of same i.e. the XF-103, XF-108 and even the Pye Wacket there in
the original post (which was originally developed to be used with the
XB-70)... extensively illustrated and with copious detail, it's an
interesting look inside some of the far-out aerospace programs of the 1960s
... unfortunately out of print but a used copy is worth every dollar!

Best,

Sean