IBM 1620

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 28 00:30:14 CDT 2015

On 08/27/2015 10:08 PM, Lyle Bickley wrote:

> Many of us on the 1620 Team were also on other restoration Teams -
> and As time progressed, it became clear that the IBM 1620, while a
> running computer, was not as demonstrable as the other systems. That
> - and many of us simply ran out of time working on it. So our running
> IBM 1620 ended up in our storage facility rather than as a public CHM
> demo system.
>
> It is entirely possible that at a future date it will again become a
> public demonstration system..

Well, other than the Model I (CADET) typewriter acting as if it were
going to fly apart at any time, the 1311 disk drive was fun to watch.

The 1622, not so much--if you've seen one card reader/punch, you've seen
them all.  What I remember the most is that as the punch heated up, it'd
start throwing verify errors like crazy.

Life in the slow lane...

--Chuck