De-yellowing

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Aug 24 00:23:00 CDT 2015

On 08/23/2015 09:53 PM, Ali wrote:

> I can tell you from personal experience that repainting does not work
> well. One, matching the color is nearly impossible. You can get
> pretty darn close but not exact. Two, the paint quality is never as
> good. Three, the feel is different - this one is hard to explain: it
> just doesn't feel smooth and slick but rough and scratchy. I have
> tried different brands of paint, gloss, non-gloss, sealant, etc to no
> avail. I can make it look good especially from a few feet away but in
> practice you can easily tell it has been painted.
>
> Just my two cents.

Hi Ali,

If you're talking about rattle-can painting, I can believe that.

But there's painting using professional spray gear, as well as
powder-coating.  Rattle-can was never intended as anything but an "any
idiot can do it" proposition.

If that weren't the case, we'd all be painting our cars using a spray can.

Regardless, if I read the conservation lists correctly, plastic is
eventually doomed.  No one seems to know how to stabilize it.

I recall an Apple color monitor that sat on a table and, without being
powered on or otherwise disturbed, would shed a bit of itself every now
and then...

Just my own .02,
Chuck