More on manuals plus rescue

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Aug 21 18:59:42 CDT 2015

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 6:17 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Mouse wrote:
>> But that is not what the word means in law and it is not what the word
>> means in ordinary usage.
>
> I'm confused on some of the terminology.  I don't think that I'm alone.
> A friend of mine was in law school before he'd believe me that "burglary" and "robbery" were not fully synonymous.

No, they aren't even close in law or in proper English.  They do get mixed a lot by illiterate TV "reporters".  But burglary involves entering a home to steal property but not to confront the residents, while robbery means taking from a person by violence.  So "not fully synonymous" is rather a bizarre way of putting it; it's a bit like saying that orange and blue are not fully synonymous.

	paul