Vintage Software Copyright

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Aug 21 11:25:28 CDT 2015

>> There is also - to me! - a difference between something like ripping
>> off a manual and redistributing it [and] keeping a private archive
>> of such things, to make sure the information is not [lost]
> Why private?  More risk of loss if it isn't distributed.

What Johnny said, essentially: it's where I fall on the tradeoff
between copyright violation and risk of loss.  (For some things.  Where
I fall on that spectrum varies from case to case, as I outlined, all
the way from things like currently-live commercial licensed binary-only
software, which I don't tolerate on my machines, to things like
software I wrote and released to the public domain, which of course I
have no question about keeping around.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org