More on manuals plus rescue

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Fri Aug 21 10:02:44 CDT 2015

> That's called "stealing".

The person I had to buy the CD from off of ebay wasn't authorized to sell
it. They're "authorized service center employees" (often times in Russia)
that have access to special web portals of all the service documents. They
then sell them.

*Shrug* I bought the manual and freed it. Then bought the belt from HP by
part number, which is all I needed from the manual in the first place.

> True, but you can't just take the law into your own hands.

I don't see it as that dire. If I were the law, I'd make it so the service
manual has to be included with every product!