maybe OT: Powerbook 5300 OS upgrade

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Aug 21 09:55:31 CDT 2015

Hi Joe,

System 8 and subsequent were only available on CD-ROM. I think newest you
can get on floppies is 7.5.3 or 7.5.5. You should be able to do the
installation no problem with an external [Apple] SCSI CD-ROM. Might also
work from a Localtalk share, if you have another Mac available? I don't
know if I've ever tried that.

Best,

Sean