VT100 keyboard (source?)

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 23:41:00 CDT 2015

> Alternatively, does anyone know if there is any degree of signalling compatibility
> between the VT100 and VT220/320 keyboards?

I am sure there is no compatibility. The VT220, etc keyboard (LK201) interface is a 9600 baud
asynchronous serial port. The VT100 keyboard has a single bidirectional data line, which something
tells me carries clock and data.

It would of course be possible to make an interface between them, or to make a VT100 compatible
keyboard from scratch (schematics are in the VT100 printset and the keyboard is all standard ICs,
including one of those dumb 40 pin UARTs). But it's not just a cable adapter.

-tony