PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Aug 18 08:08:42 CDT 2015

On 8/17/2015 1:51 PM, Rich Alderson wrote:

> [...]

Well, not exactly a wired or, per my TU56 manual, but yeah point taken.
 At least on the TU56 the head windings are connected in series,
resulting in the *analog* sum.  (A wired or didn't quite make sense to
me - it wouldn't really be redundant, so I looked it up).

But it brings me back to my original point - I don't see how this could
be the drive unless the block number in question always involves a
particular channel on the tape.

JRJ