Creating 5.25" floppies

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Mon Aug 17 20:54:50 CDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, drlegendre . wrote:
>
>> Terry & all,
>> To be clear - SD on a "360K" floppy is 180K? Yes?
>>

> NO.
> Osborne SD was also single sided.
> 10 256 byte sectors per track.  100K.
>

> "360K" was 9 512 byte sectors, with TWO sides used.

Hmm.  I don't have the machine in front of me to check (I'm at work), but I
pretty sure my Osborne 1A drives are single sided not double sided.  But I
have the double density modification so yes, around 180-200k per disk I
imagine.   Using the PC and Imagedisk I could easy write DD single-sided
disks in a double sided (360k PC) drive though.

Terry (Tez)