Probs w. M3119 CXY08 MUX on VAX VMS 7.3

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Aug 17 19:08:43 CDT 2015

Guys. Slow down. It is not a cable error. It is not a terminal error. If the system also had the card already installed before it is also not an installation error. It is also probably not an interrupt error.
I can go into more details behind the reasoning for this if people are interested.

Holm did mention that the card had been configured as a dhv11. That would suggest that the card has been out, which is why I also wondered about installation. Point is, the backplane here is one with only q-cd slots. Some cards have jumpers that should be set different for q-q or q-cd slots.

The dhv11 uses dma for output. No interrupt until all data has been transmitted. Vms shows device errors, and not a single char comes out. The error log can contain much more detail. Someone already provided the command to see the error log. Post what that shows. It might be informative. Broken clock is definitely a possibility.

  Johnny

Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> skrev: (17 augusti 2015 23:13:21 CEST)