WANTED: HP 3000

Steve Robertson steerex at ccvn.com
Sun Aug 16 07:39:53 CDT 2015

On 8/15/2015 3:18 PM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> Mike - this  would  be a  good  complete  system  for  you Mike  and  good
> it  has   tapes.
> that  may have the  little  cartridge drive in it  too  but  beware the
> cartridge  drives   they seem  to all  have  gummy capstans...  I  ruined  a
> fos   tape  put it in... got  error... pulled it  out  and  looked  like  it
> was slimed with the 'black oil'  like in x  files!  there is a work around
> for this  though  using  some  glue and  rings  on the capstan roller after
>   you  scrape the   goo  off.    having the  large tape  drive is better
> anyway. like this  unit   has.

To be clear:

The computer does not have a cartridge tape drive. The computer rack has
the CPU and three shoebox drives. I believe each drive is about 330MB.
The tape drive that I would add in the deal is a rackmount HP7980
AUTOLOADER. I think it is so cool to watch these drives load a tape.
Almost magical how the tape winds it's way through the drive.

See yas.
Steve Robertson