Adding a Hard Drive to an Original IBM PC Using a Raspberry Pi

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Mon Aug 10 10:58:48 CDT 2015

One of my favorite old computers to tinker with is a rev B IBM PC. I recently moved it out into my living room to hopefully inspire me to mess with it more, but I still didn’t want to mess with having to put everything on 360k floppies. With all the slots occupied I had to find another solution for mass storage. Raspberry Pi to the rescue! I was able to use XTIDE and a Pi to emulate a hard drive over the RS232 port. All the details are here on my blog post:

  http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/244

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com