Booting an IBM MP 3000 S/390 System

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Thu Aug 6 20:22:48 CDT 2015

Four, I expect:

CPU, Memory, VAX Interface, Floppy Controller.

I have one in pieces floating around here somewhere.

One of those puppies (probably the one I have) held our VAX hostage for
DAYS while the service folks from the OEM (Intergraph) tried to figure
out what was wrong - they kept blaming the console processor which was
not the problem.  Turned out to be a recently added power supply - which
I had pointed out to them was something that changed, and something we
could do without as a test.  Sigh.