Unusual stuff inside computers

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Aug 2 21:08:20 CDT 2015

> On Aug 2, 2015, at 12:15, William Donzelli <wdonzelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Turning this discussion on its head, I wonder if I'm the only one to stash
>> manuals and setup CDs in the cases of my systems.  Has anyone ever picked up
>> an old system and found system documentation inside?
>>
>> Just wondering if I'm the exception...
>
> Just you and IBM.

And some 1950s military radio manufacturers, who screen printed schematic diagrams onto cloth and stashed them inside the radios. The schematics were secured to the inside of the radio with a length of cloth ribbon, then folded up tightly and stuffed into a metal tube secured to the radio chassis.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/