SPARCClassic won't boot cdrom

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Aug 2 12:42:04 CDT 2015

> Are SCSI ID numbers likely to be an issue?

No.  Possible, certainly, but I would not say likely.

> Which ones are most commonly used on SparcClassic?

Disk at 0, 1, 2, 3; tape at 4, 5; CD at 6; the Classic itself at 7.

Those are what SunOS used, unless you reconfigured your kernel, and my
wild guess is that they're still the commonest, though modern systems
normally classify devices based on what they are rather than what ID
they're at.  (I don't know which camp post-SunOS versions of Solaris
fall into, though I would hope it's the one I called `modern'.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org