RM 380Z Special Control Unit (?)

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 15:24:10 CDT 2015

> SOME of the later S100 systems had regulated supplies and then ditched the board regulators,
> usually leaving a place to put a regulator with just a jumper wire in place of the regulator.

Sure. But in this machine I can see some heatsinks on the S100 boards that are likely to
be used for regulators. Of course they might have been bypassed and the boards used on
a regulated supply.

Incidentally, I found the 380Z service manual on the web (vt100.net I think). It gives a schematic
of the power supply (it's pretty much what you'd expect), this is the later supply in the black-cased
machines.

I am still looking for several pieces of 380Z related infiormation :

A listing of the COS ROM V3.4 (there is older version on that site which is a good start, though).

Any information on the SIO-2 interface (bit-banged serial over the user port), other than the
installation instrucitons.

Any real information on the dual cassette control unit.

-tony