VCF Ban, Vector Graphic cards, Wright card punch, MDS Keyboard

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:35:05 CDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Scott" <jason at textfiles.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic
Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:47 AM
Subject: Re: VCF Ban, Vector Graphic cards, Wright
card punch, MDS Keyboard

> Apparently, if you're not allowed to post on a
> forum, you immediately go to
> your massive piles of everything you have that
> that forum covers and you
> immediately throw it out

Well, not quite. Let's face it, aside from the
occasional post here like the one below and eBay,
VCF is really the place where most folks who might
be looking for a '286 motherboard hang out; not
being able to participate there was mainly a
wake-up call, an occasion to reflect on whether
hanging on to rooms full of PC cards etc. was
actually still (ever?) justified or really just
hoarding.

Al's asking on here a while back, "have you ever
added up how much it's cost you over the years to
store this stuff?" really brought it home for me;
quite a few thousands in my case since it fills an
apartment that I could be (and was, long ago)
renting out otherwise.

So I've just decided to get rid of a bunch of
stuff that many folks on here wouldn't consider
even remotely vintage anyway, about 50 or 60
systems, probably around a thousand each cards and
disk drives, etc. etc., leaving more room for my
S-100, 6502 and other miscellaneous stuff.