VCF Ban, Vector Graphic cards, Wright card punch, MDS Keyboard

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Apr 28 22:50:22 CDT 2015

On 04/28/2015 04:05 PM, Mike Stein wrote:

> Be that as it may and aside from the embarrassment and
> Mike's insults, no problem; more time to spend elsewhere
> and an excuse to finally get rid of the PC-related
> systems, motherboards, cards, disks & drives, docs etc.
> that I've been hanging on to for close to 40 years in case
> someone might need/want something some day.

Have a '286 PC?  I have a pick and place system that uses a
massive proprietary board that is essentially a 286 PC,
but with lots of EPROM and battery-backed static RAM.
I got rid of all my 286 gear almost 20 years ago, and now
worry just a little about spares.

> - Mohawk Data Sciences keyboard.

I had the 36" fixed-head disk off a MEM-O-REE accounting
machine, made by MDS.  I have seen some of the consoles off
them in surplus stores many years ago.  If that is what you
have, it is a bunch of TTL wire-wrapped into a small box
with a keypad and displays.  It was not just the keyboard,
it was the whole accounting machine (no CPU at all).

Jon