M9301-YB Bootstrap/Terminator ROM dumps / listings?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 02:05:09 CDT 2015

On 4/26/15 11:01 PM, Jörg Hoppe wrote:
> Josh,
>
> here some resources which may be helpful:
>
> - can you run the console emulator?
>   To boot: Set all switches on the M9301 to ON and power on
>   OR enter 165020 LAD CTRL-START
I should have clarified, I've been running with all switches set to ON
(and after the fiasco with the SLU's address DIP switches, I confirmed
that they're all actually closed :)).  The console emulator does not
run, either at power-on or manually (I wasn't aware it could be started
from that address -- I didn't see it in the documentation but I'm sure I
just skimmed over it...).

At 165000-165776 there's just RAM (I have 128KW installed); At 765000-
765776 the ROM code appears.  Should the ROM be getting mapped into the
first 64K of the address space at power-up?

> - if the console emulator runs, you can load any paper tape image
> diagnostic with my PDP11GUI
>     http://www.retrocmp.com/tools/pdp11gui
> - I organized all known PDP11 diagnostics material into a database
>     http://www.retrocmp.com/tools/pdp-11-diagnostic-database/202-pdp-11-diagnostics-database
>
> There you can download paper tape images, and also the *.BIN and *.BIC
> from XXDP disks. These are in papertape format too.

Very cool!  Once I get things running a bit better I'll have to give
that a shot.  Thanks for putting that together!

> - I found that the "-YA/B/C../F.." label on M9301's doesn't
> necessarily match the ROM content.
> - I have dumps of M9301-YA and -YF
> - I can burn M9301 ROMs
> - and I also have a spare DL11-W to offer
Thanks, I may have to take you up on some of that, we'll see...

- Josh