Looking for SMD drives (specific models)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 02:35:05 CDT 2015

So I had the Ridge 32 running again (when I went to debug the -12V
supply it had started working again, so I'll take that for now, I
suppose).  After running for an hour the SMD drive (a Fujitsu 2312) in
it failed.  At power up, the drive spins up and when it attempts to load
the heads, there's a loud *clunk* and the drive then quickly spins
down.  (If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know...)

I have a few other SMD drives (just picked 'em up today, in fact) but
they're newer (~825mb) and the Ridge disc utilities only support a small
subset of drives (they do not support providing custom geometries,
because that would be *too easy*.)

Here are the disks it lists as supported; some of these are pretty
insane (CDC 9762?  Really?  Not sure about the Pertecs either...) but
the Fujitsu's aren't entirely out of the question:

Fujitsu:
2351A (Eagle, don't I wish)
2322
2333
2312
2344

Priam:
806
807

Pertec:
DX 300
DX 332
DX 548
DX 199
DX 265
DX 365

CDC:
9766
9762

Anyone have one of the above they'd be willing to sell/trade/etc?

Thanks as always,
Josh