TRS-80 Model 1 Monitor

Matt Patoray mspproductions at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:55:37 CDT 2015

The model 1 did in fact use an RCA B&W tv with the tuner Amplifier/speaker
and IF card removed, the video cable came out of the spot left by the
removed volume knob. You can use a standard NTSC monitor.

Connect pin 5 of the DIN connector to the shield of a coax cable and
connect pin 4 of the DIN connector to the center conductor, then terminate
the coax cable with an RCA connector and connect the cable to your monitor.

You can connect the cable to a standard composite video in, bu you will get
a better picture if you connect it to the Green(Y) connector on a
component input (if your monitor can do 480i on component)

--
Matt Patoray
Owner, MSP Productions
mspproductions at gmail.com