RD54 Stopped Spinning

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 3 12:06:22 CDT 2015

Yes, it is 6 transistors.

All this sounds like I am going to have to open up the disk to get inside as the motor is on the inside. I don't think there is a way to turn the spindle without opening it.

Interestingly at one point it started working again. Then after I put it all back together again, it stopped working once more. In one case, it seemed to start spinning when I changed the disk's orientation (on its side rather than flat), almost as if it just needed a mechanical encouragement to get it moving. But now, no matter how many times I try, and what different orientations I try, it doesn't work. Does any of that help with pointing the finger at all?

Regards

Rob