Residental electrical load [was Re: Who's rewired their house for this hobby?]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Nov 30 22:50:15 CST 2014

On 11/30/2014 06:06 PM, drlegendre . wrote:

> A powered but un-used hob is really just a trap waiting to be sprung.
> Automatic shutdown is a very wise measure.

The one I've got is really paranoid.  The "unlock" button must be
pressed before a "burner" is powered.  It can also be used to lock the
settings as well.  If the burner gives up after about 30 seconds of a
"no pan" situation, it powers off--and locks again.

Oddly enough, I really appreciate that.  More than once, I've left an
electric "coil" type burner on at a low setting, completely forgetting
about it...

--Chuck