EDSAC lives

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 02:30:14 CST 2014

I would say that in the US you have CHM and the LCM which exhibit working
mainframes. There are also MARCH and the New Jersey (I think) Museums which
show working machines. In the UK several working exhibits have been
"mothballed". The Science Museum has discontinued Pegasus demos, my project
to restore some of the Pegasus i/o equipment at MOSI has been suspended, and
the Hartree Differential Analyser is to be removed from display. Personally
I would rather that money was expended on keeping real mainframes running
rather than building replicas,

I also note that the Baby Replica at MOSI is now around 16 years old, it
first ran in 1998. Its almost an artefact in its own right...

Dave Wade
G4UGM