Relay question

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Sat Nov 29 00:14:04 CST 2014

On 11/28/2014 11:17 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 11/28/2014 06:41 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> So, this can be the basis:
>
> https://www.circuitlab.com/circuit/4ndbv7/toggle-relay-flip-flop/
>
> Add a 3rd DPDT relay with the coil connected to the Q output as a
> reversing switch.  The pushbutton (DPST) should have a second set of
> contacts to control main power to the motor.
>
> --Chuck

Actually, now that I look at this, I think it will only work with
momentary pushbutton presses, as the relay windows have to be half the
voltage used, as the voltage has to be high enough to energize both
relays in series.

I saw this design on another site, and the caveat was listed there, so I
think it applies here.

Jim

--
Jim Brain