Relay question

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Fri Nov 28 16:06:21 CST 2014

On 11/28/2014 2:23 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 11/27/2014 11:23 PM, Jim Brain wrote:
>
> I'm trying to wrap my mind around the problem.  Does this describe it?
>
> You want a push-on push-off circuit using only mechanical relays.
>
> Am I reading you correctly?
>
> --Chuck

hmm, not exactly....

To translate into electronics, it'd be like:

  * Take a D FF
  * hook it up in std divide by 2 mode (i.e., !Q = D)
  * Take Q and attach it to a latch input with active enable line
  * Take latch enable line and hook to CLK

So, on first CLK, the FF goes to 1, and the Latch allows 1 to flow out
of the unit
When CLK goes LOW, output goes to HiZ
When second CLK arrives, output goes low
When CLK goes low, HiZ

Output = 1 (hydraulic motor send lift up)

Output = HiZ (hydraulic motor off)
Output = 0 (hydraulic motor send lift down)

Jim

--
Jim Brain
brain at jbrain.com