Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Nov 26 20:01:20 CST 2014

On 11/26/2014 02:22 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Holm Tiffe"
> <holm at freibergnet.de>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:06 AM
>
>> As I wrote before: Do you really think over there that
>> all people in
>> Countries that aren't part of the US are some sort of
>> Idiots?
>> I'm a German, are German Engeneeers stupid too?

We do have a special category in the US for "German
(over)engineering".
I first heard this when a friend of mine in high school
worked over the summer
for a Mercedes dealer.  They were talking about automatic
transmissions
that had something like 45 valves in the shift logic, while
US transmissions
typically had 8 or fewer.

I think the basic thrust has always been that the German
engineers missed
the part about doing the most with the minimum number of
moving parts.

Jon