KL-10B in DEC-20 [was RE: Who's rewired their house for this hobby?]

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Wed Nov 26 19:17:52 CST 2014

From: John Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 4:51 PM

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 07:43:21PM -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:

>> But, completely seriously, ITS is an amazing system, and although there
>> are a few running on simulators, I'm not sure anyone has it running on
>> real hardware. That would be Very Cool.

> I briefly had it running on a real KS10 back in 1993, and still have the
> RM80 from that system.  It was a ton of fun!  I'd love to get a KS going
> with that disk again some day.

I briefly had it running on MIT-AI (the KS, not the KA) in 2009 on an RM03,
but the CRAM died and we haven't had the cycles available to do something
about that.  It's on deck for next year.

(Yes, MIT-AI.  We purchased it from CZ, who rescued it from the AILab skip,
 then from the Symbolics skip, then eventually sold it on eBay when he had
 to.  It still has the MIT de-acquisition sticker on the front panel.  It's
 next to the Toad-1 in the computer room.)

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/