Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:17:39 CST 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:10 AM, Tor Arntsen <kspt.tor at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what I was thinking is that it should, in principle, be possible
> for Japan to introduce 230V in new areas (and new areas are built
> constantly),

That seems sensible.

> with European plugs not only to make it safer but also to
> clearly make the distinction.

Personally I prefer the British Type G (BS 1363) sockets
and plugs, but I'm told that a lot of people dislike them.

On the other hand, distributing three-phase to residences, while great
for people with shop equipment or old computers, seems like expensive
overkill for normal homes.