Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Nov 24 20:03:53 CST 2014

On 24/11/2014 17:59, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:
> Wikipedia says it was the other way around - lighting was cheaper,
> creating a natural incentive to plug any device you could get away with
> into the lighting circuit.

AFAIR (not always guaranteed :-)), that's correct.  Which is why we used
to have bayonet adapters that could plug into pendant lighting sockets
in place of a bulb, and why we also had what amounts to a T-piece or
splitter, to allow both the bulb and the adapter to coexist.  I think I
still have some, somewhere.  And pendant light sockets are of course
virtually always two-wire, insulated (no metal except the two
terminals), no earth.

Aha, I've just found four such adapters and one splitter.  If I have
time tomorrow I'll post a photo somewhere3.

--
Pete