Net-boot and install OpenVMS 7.x on MicroVAX 3x00?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sun Nov 23 21:00:27 CST 2014

Yeah, I didn't realize how straightforward it was; I just used
CLUSTER_CONFIG.COM to add it to the cluster, set up the new host in NCP
just as shown in the OpenVMS clustering docs, "boot xqa0" on the MicroVAX
and off it went.

I was impressed! I've just been playing with the machine net-booted all
afternoon; it runs surprisingly quick.

Now I see it should be straightforward to just mount the install media on
my cluster node with SCSI; I can read in the backup set to the target disk
from the CD over the network, and just do the install as per documentation
after that.

Thanks,

Sean