Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Sun Nov 23 15:15:00 CST 2014

Noel Chiappa wrote:

>     > From: Holm Tiffe
>
>     > I think the US should have modernized the entire System long before
>     > now..
>
> Two words for you: 'installed base'. :-)
>
> Sort of like QWERTY keyboards... :-)
>
> 	Noel

At least my Keyboard ist QWERTZ :-)

The two words make sense, but only now. It is to late to change anything,
but in the past it was possible. We have taken the chance, the US not.
but sine you already have 240V outlets, it should be possible to change the
distribution slowly to 3 phase power.. it's a matter of time and the only
needed thing for compatibility are the transformers with modified
secondaries.
I don't think that this would ever happen since the US is the biggest US of
the world and other people are just dumb aliens, aren't they? :-)
But with that stone age power system you are stumbling over your own feet
all the time..

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741