Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 14:45:34 CST 2014

[Vacuum cleaner power ratings]

> Hmm... may be that one isn't that dump.
> In the german mikrocontroller.net forum it was discussed sometimes ago that
> manufacturers of vacuum cleaners really put Heater resistors into theyr
> products to rise the pulled power..

I can believe that. Like the extra transistors not connected to anything in some
early transistor radios so the manufacturers could claim 12 transistors or whatever.

> Don't get me wron, but I can't see any need for consumer vacuum cleanersi
> above 1600 Watts..what would you do? Suck in the entire carpet and shredder
> it?

Nor can I, but I dislike stupid regulations even more.

> > No, instead your table lamp is protected by a 15A breaker in the
> > distibution panel. Hmm.. I am told that in some continental
> > European countries it's common to have a pair of 16 A (230V)
> > outlets protected by a single 32A breaker. And no other protective
> > device. So a table lamp is effectively fused at 32A. No thanks.
>
> No. That's hearsay and forbidden everywhere.

I've not seen all the electical regulations for all EU countries... Until I do I will not be convinced that such
wiring doesn't exist anywere..

What is the typical German wiring ? A 16A breaker for each outlet?

-tony