Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Nov 22 13:53:25 CST 2014

I haven't rewired for computer stuff yet, but I ran a conduit to my radio room and brought in a 20A 240V circuit, a 30A 120V circuit, and two 20A 120V circuits. I don't know yet how I'll deal with my new computer collection in the next room.

It looks like I'll be picking up a 400 Hz motor-generator set which will live out in the workshop. I don't know what I'll power with it, but I have a chance to grab it for free before it goes to the trash man. I'd also be interested in an 800 Hz set if another one shows up, since I have some WW2 Navy gear that uses 800 Hz power. I plan to convert a solid-state inverter to provide 800 Hz for it, but it would be neat to also have a working example of "Here's how not to do it if you have a better option". :)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/