Re; What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:29:28 CST 2014

Tony,

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> OK...
>
> Unibus is the bus used by older PDP11 computers (...) 'Cabkit' (Cabinet
> Kit) is a panel that takes the ribbon cable from the DZ11 board (here) and
> brings it
> out on more convenient connectors, one for each port (I think sets of 4
> screw terminals, 2 for the
> input loop, 2 for the output loop for each port).

(Edited out for brevity)

Sure, I get all that.. but what on Earth does it have to do with the thread
topic - which concerns what to look for when acquiring a Model 33 Teletype?

All of that info seems peripheral, at best. And no, I don't have +any+ PDP
machines or any 'old iron' at all, for that matter. Though again, I don't
know how or why that came into the conversation. At some point in the
future, it might make some sense - but for now, it's just a big non
sequitur.

*Shrug*