What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 13:07:49 CST 2014

> I've never seen a manufacturer-original built-in RS-232 adapter for them, at least not inside the 33 proper (the
> keyboard-printer unit).

Not strictly Teletype, but there was a company called Data Dynamics who sold the Model 390 (IIRC). This
was Teleype ASR33 mechanicals (keyboard, printer/punch, reader) with totally different electronics in a
rather nice metal casing the enclosed the paper and tape rolls, and which even had a couple of little bulbs
to illuninate the printing. At least one verson of that did have both RS232 and current loop interfaces.

-tony