teaching young IT certed person about old minis/mainframes

Alex McWhirter alexmcwhirter at mojovapes.net
Thu Nov 20 00:34:31 CST 2014

I guess it depends on each persons definition of mainframes. We have some old sun machines that still chug along and I’ve setup a Solaris Zone for new employees to play with. Letting them play with it (while keeping the critical portions secure) has been the best way i have found to get people into it.

That and a lot of old reference manuals.