Big VAX shipping in Europe

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Nov 18 10:31:54 CST 2014

I'm not sure how shipping works over in Europe and how the cost structure
is organized, but I just had two BA23s loaded with cards and drives shipped
to me from California to Michigan (around 2,600 miles) via palletized
freight and it wasn't bad at all (thanks Bob!)... the bottom line shipping
cost was around $190... around a dollar a pound. Of course, a VAX 6000
weighs significantly more than a few BA23s, LOL, but it might not be as bad
as people think... certainly "freight" shipping wasn't as bad cost-wise as
I had ever thought... there's a full ground route with the Chunnel, right?

Best,

Sean