Netronics Phoneme generator info

Roe Peterson roeapeterson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:41:39 CST 2014

> On Nov 10, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Jules Richardson <jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2014 02:51 PM, Roe Peterson wrote:
>> You know, this entire discussion requires a user to reliably hit the
>> RETURN key.  At least once, at the right time, and after connecting with
>> a modem, or whatever.
>
> Except that the return key generates 0x0a [LF] (at least on the Linux system that I have the board hooked up to) and the board is expecting 0x0d [CR, ctrl-M] as the first character.

No, the keyboard will always generate a CR (CTRL-M, 0x0d) when the return/enter/whatever key is pressed.  Unix/Linux line discipline translates it into an LF (if, IIRC, ICRNL is set).

The semantics for stty change from Unix to Unix, but a CR is always decimal 13, a line feed is always decimal 10.  Check "man ascii".