Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 7 23:11:38 CST 2014

On 11/07/2014 06:37 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>
>
>> P.S.  I have a terrible, but relevant confession--I don't like to
>> throw things out as long as they contain useful parts.  For example, I
>> accumulate bad CFLs then remove the lamp, extricate the electronics
>> PCB, line them up out of doors over a metal pail and apply a heat gun
>> to the trace side of the little pcb until the solder softens....
>
> Et tu, Carolus?

Consuetudinis magna vis est.

When I was a young sprout, I toured the alleys looking for old radios
that could be stripped for parts.  Later TV sets (some of those old
power transformers were magnificent and went into power supplies).

When I started working with integrated circuits, I'd buy junked boards
and depopulate them.  I probably still have a few of those things.

Part of being the son of Depression-era parents.  I can't stand to see
things go to waste, I guess.

I yam what I yam.