Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:42:04 CST 2014

Question..

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 11/07/2014 12:41 PM, tony duell wrote:
>
> If an MJE13007 doesn't work, try another.  If not that, try, say, a
>> BU406.  I seem to recall that some early Macs would work with an MJE13007
>> just fine, but others of the same model required the BU406.

Early Macs.. like Macintosh all-in-one computers? Mac RGB monitors? Some
other kind of Mac?

> Personally, I don't think that Zenith would ever make the mistake of
> requiring selected semiconductors on what is essentially the video section
> of a TV set, something that they made in the millions.

No, they just re-mark otherwise common, work-a-day parts with meaningless
in-house numbers while failing to ensure that the relevant service data is
freely available. ;-)

Anyway, now I've half a mind to rip apart a CFL to see if it has a yummy
center. What about an old 350W ATX PSU? Anything good in those?