Tektronix 4014 optional communications

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sun Dec 28 11:53:36 CST 2014

   I'm trying to get my 4014 working and am having trouble with the
optional data communcations board.

I'm not positive if its a later version of 021-0074-00 (070-1379-00) or
a different option. It is identifiable by the control plate on the back
has thumb switches that display the baud rate instead of a rotary switch.

Does anybody have one of these who can tell me what settings and jumpers
work for them or have the manual for this interface?

My board is labeled 670-4758-00 JB-5337-00 Opt Data Comm

With various settings I can get it to do nothing, send some characters
properly and some wrong only while local echoing, and receive but not send.