PDP-8/M restoration project

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 22 16:44:32 CST 2014

For any of you who are on more than one of these lists, I apologize
in advance for your getting multiple copies of this.

Now that I'm moved into the new place and the man cave (my basement)
is converging on a usable state and in recognition of the upcoming 50th
anniversary of the introduction of the PDP-8, I'm about to embark on a
project to restore a PDP-8/M I got a while back.  Unfortunately, this one
is somewhat incomplete..  So I'm looking to start collecting some of the
bits I'll need before it's all said and done.  The items I need are in descending
order of priority:

KK8E M8320 Bus load module
KL8E M8650 Async module
H851 Inter-module jumper blocks for the CPU boards
Memory
Storage device and controller
Power switch key
One front panel switch paddle

If you have any of those that you're looking to unload (especially
the M8320 or the M8650), let me know.

Obviously, I can live without the switch paddle and I should be able to
get a new key cut, but if anyone has extras lying around, I promise to
give them a good home.  The truth is I don't expect to come up with
memory or storage devices for what I can justify spending.  However,
it turns out I do have an Omnibus prototype board.  So I'm planning
to use that to build a device to emulate a set of RK05s using an SD
card for storage, and if need be, I can put memory on there too.

Thanks in advance,
BLS