Wanted 22-way connectors was RE: No such thing as "the PDP

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 02:58:37 CST 2014

Looking at the Wikipedia pages here, I find it amazing that computer design
had moved so quickly between 1953/4 when the Ferranti Pegasus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferranti_Pegasus

And IBM 704

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_704

were produced to the PDP-1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-1

looking at the PDP-1 card here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-1#mediaviewer/File:Dec_SYSTEM_BUILDING_BLOC
KS_1103.jpg

I notice it uses the same PCB connector as my EAI-TR10 Analogue computer.
Now whilst I can find the sockets, I can't find any of the PCB mounting
plugs, and I "need" one to make an extender card. I can make one up from PCB
but it would be nice to have a real plug if any one has one they would be
willing to part with.

Dave

G4UGM