Recaping a Macintosh Portable

Matt Patoray mspproductions at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:59:04 CST 2014

Hello,

I am bypassing the dead battery using a variable bench power supply set at
6V, I have disconnected the dead hard drive. I am powering with a power
book 100 series power adapter.

I had disassembled the unit and when i got the logic board out you can
smell electrolyte and see corrosion around the pins of some of the surface
mount capacitors.

The radial electrolytics will be replaced as there are only 5, those will
be replaced with Panasonic FR series caps.

I suspect the Axial 470 UF caps will be fine as those are Nichicon 105
degree and are quite expensive to replace with something of similar
quality. But if i have to there are some Vishay ones that would fit the
bill.

Matt

--
Matt Patoray