The 9406-270 Has Arrived!!

Nigel Williams nw at retroComputingTasmania.com
Fri Dec 5 01:55:33 CST 2014

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com> wrote:
> That moving of the cursor should be followed by messages in due course; it
> can be a *very* long IPL...

I've waited 60+ minutes for a 9406-720 to start...it has a lot of
spindles; AS/400s weren't intended to be switched-off.

https://picasaweb.google.com/118247290269860741639/IBM9406720AS400?noredirect=1

Kevin: the install is relatively straight-forward from what I
remember, I don't recall any surprises (see the above gallery for a
few screens of my install) - however applying the PTFs can be an
exercise in endurance, especially from a base install since sets of
PTFs required a reboot so after spending a day restarting you might
have completed 6 or so PTF sets.