Typesafety versus Worse is Better - was Re: Fwd: is there any word processing software for the pdp11?

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Wed Dec 3 21:34:26 CST 2014

On 03/12/14 10:19 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2014-12-04 04:01, Toby Thain wrote:
>> *All* programmers. "A sufficiently smart programmer" does not exist.
>
> You are starting to sound like a bigot. You are not reading what I
> wrote, but instead are just trying to preach.

It's not bigotry to admit that 100% of us are fallible.

I notice it is the more experienced programmers who are more prepared to
make this admission.

Why is it so ridiculous to suggest better tools? It's not even a new
suggestion; as far as I know, people have been working on better tools
since the invention of the computer.

Time did NOT stop in 1973.

--Toby