punching paper tape

Eric Moore mooreericnyc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 21:33:13 CDT 2021

The document refers to 8 bit (7+P+F) and 7 bit (6+P+F) using the same
width, 25.4mm, for ECMA-10.

>From the docs that have been linked, whirlwind tape was 7 bit, but not
EIA-RS-227 or ECMA-10 compliant, but easily re-created by trimming a data
bits width from normal 8 level tape. (LSB should be trimmed, not MSB, I
think)

I have a teletype BRPE which supported a 7 level tape format, but I do not
know if it was ECMA-10 or whirlwind style, but it may be buried in the docs
available online.

-Eric